BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Liquid Pain Killer

I pour myself another drink, knowing this one will do the trick
one more shot will make it spin, throw this world into a spiral,
make everything disappear.
I want the world to be black.
I want to feel invisible.
I want to forget the past and the pain and all that falls in between.
For just tonight, I want to pretend to be happy.
I want to wear an iron smile on my face that can't be broken.
A smile they will all remember, the eyes they cannot forget.
I'll be the muse to the music that dances in their heads.
Unforgettable, the way we move. Disguising heartache in a dance.
Hiding tears, erasing years.
Tonight, I will be the one all the girls wish they could be.
I will pretend to be the one and play the part well.
Tonight, I am unafraid.
I'll hold my drink high as I play the game.
Knowing at the end of the night,
my head will hang in shame.

0 comments: